Tuesday 17 October 2017

the bombing of the rainbow warrior

In 1985 10 July french secret agents put two bombs in the rainbow warrior and sunk it.Of the twelve people on board one died when he attempted to retrieve his equipment.The boat was refloated to Auckland harbor.

I don't think the French should've bombed them it was not a nice thing to do and a person got killed.

The boat was sunk just before midnight.Two of the six bombers were found.The others escaped.

Almost a year after the bombing, on 8 July 1986, United Nations Secretary-General Javier Perez de Cuellar announced, in a binding decision, that New Zealand would receive an apology and paid of $13 million from France.

Here is a picture of the ship.

Screenshot 2017-10-17 at 10.16.48 AM.png
And here is one when it is sunk.

Screenshot 2017-10-17 at 10.18.00 AM.png

2 comments:

  1. Hey it's Chloe
    great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie, I had no idea that the cameraman was trying to retrieve equipment. I thought he was killed instantly. How do you feel about secret agents infiltrating NZ?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific!
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific!
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks,

Sophie